OPEN CALL

CO-PRODUCTION for bernes dance makers TANZhAUS BERN - 2022

The aim of these co-productions is to give Bern based professional dance companies the opportunity to premiere a new full-length piece of work in collaboration with TANZhAUS Bern as a co-production partner. The TANZhAUS will house the final stages of the creation process, provide a performance platform for the piece to be performed three times in Junge Bühne Bern, promote the piece and organise the performance evenings. The performances will also be part of the BETA Stage Festival program.

The venue of the co-production will be the TANZhAUS BERN studio and the Junge Bühne Bern, both located in Dalmaziquai 69, 3005 Bern.

 

Date of Co-Production

21 - 27 February 2022 in the TANZhAUS BERN studio

28 February – 6 March 2022 in Junge Bühne Bern (including 3 performances at the end of the week)

 

Criteria for applicants

The following criteria must all be met by the companies applying:

- The company has a strong connection to Bern

- The company has previously produced work at a professional level

- The company is applying with the intention of premiering a new piece of dance work, 

  rather than performing a pre-existing work

- The company can clearly convey their artistic concept of their piece to the jury

 

What the co-production provides for the company

- 1 week in the TANZhAUS studio

- 1 week in the Junge Bühne Bern theatre space

- 3 performances in the Junge Bühne Bern theatre space

- Provision of technical equipment

- Promotion of the performances through the TANZhAUS’ & BETA Stage channels/social media

- Organisation of the front of house including the Abendkasse and bar

- 70% of the box office income

 

Financial conditions

The dance company will receive the co-production services (listed above), free of charge.

No gage will be paid per se. The company will receive 70% of the box office income. The remaining 30% will be paid to the TANZhAUS.

 

Application

Please fill out the attached application form, including links to footage of previous work. The application may be completed in DE/EN/FR. Short-listed candidates will have the opportunity to present their idea live at the TANZhAUS studio or live online on Zoom on the 14th or 15th of August 2021. This meet-up shall replace the regular process of writing a dossier and be an opportunity for sharing ideas for a new production. The presentation can for example be text, movement, speech, an interview, a chance to share previous work, etc.

Dance productions from all dance backgrounds are welcome to apply.

 

 

Application deadline

26. July 2021

 

Jury

The jury will be comprised of members of the TANZhAUS Arbeitsgruppe, the BETA Vorstand and the BETA Verein.

Short-listed candidates will be informed by August 2nd 2021 and will then receive more details about the meet-up with the Jury and will also have the opportunity to ask questions at a Zoom meeting on August 3rd 2021 9am.

All final applicants will be informed of the Jury’s decision by 16th of August 2021. The jury’s decision is final, no feedback can be given to unsuccessful applicants.